Allows you to stream your music wirelessly from any Bluetooth enabled device. More than 50% of our customers over the years have chosen to add this upgrade!
This is our most popular service option for customers who send us their radios!
Most people who buy radios from us choose this upgrade!
Just turn on the radio, pair your Bluetooth device, and hit play!
No software needed! No special device configuration needed! Just pair your device to the Bluetooth once and done!
YOUTUBE video here
HOW TO PROCEED:
1. You must have a working radio in order to order this upgrade. Even if it's working, your radio will need stage voltage tests, tubes checked, capacitor and resistor checking and replacements as necessary, cleaning, and alignment to normal safe operation. Here's our Electronic Repair and Restoration Service.
2. Add this service to your cart with radio purchase or by itself if you are sending us your radio.
3. Pay for service(s)
4. You will receive an email with shipping address
5. We will reach out to with mailing information. No shipping information will be given in advance of service payment.
6. We will reach out to you if we have any questions.
- Mpow, Taotronics, or Amazon Basics Bluetooth 4.0 receiver (depending on availability)
- 1 × Charging Cable
- 1 × 3.5mm Audio Cable
- 1 × 3.5mm Audio Adapter
- 1 × RCA Cable
- 1 × User Manual
LEAD TIME: Please allow up to 4 weeks turnaround time for upgrades.
NEEDED: 5V/2.4A smart charger not included. Any 5V/2.4A iPhone, Android, iPad charger will work.
DESCRIPTION: Switch from Bluetooth MP3 to AM radio with rocker switch installed on back panel. Includes 3.5mm to mono RCA cable if you want to plug in your MP3 player; iPod, iPAD, iPhone, or Android directly. Recharges using any standard 5V USB smartphone charger (not included). Supports any digital Bluetooth enabled device. Complies with Bluetooth 4.0. Powered directly with power adapter or powered by PC USB port. Embedded battery with a long working life. Up to 3-4 hrs of playing time before recharge. Rechargeable battery can be charged via any USB port for maximum listening time.
- Bluetooth Version: 4.1
- Frequency Range: 2.4GHz
- Output Power Category: Class 2
- Bluetooth Mode: HFP/HSP/A2DP/AVRCP
- Bluetooth Range: Up to 33 feet
- Battery: 180mAh
- Working Current: 15mA (MAX)
- Charge Voltage: DC 5.0V
AUDIO QUALITY: Although vacuum tubes reproduce analog signals very well, the audio signal is driven through a 4 inch speaker cone. These radios were intended to be tabletop radios used in kitchens, on desks, etc. not as high fidelity home stereo systems. The vacuum tube circuitry functions as a digital to analog converter. The small digital fractions that comprise all digital music are effectively "smoothed" by the cathode-anode high heat electron flow through a vacuum tube. Through the same 4" speaker, the analog signal will sound more warm and organic. However, modern circuits have more sophisticated frequency equalization so the sound reproduction may be better balanced. Old radios tend to suffer from neglect and years of storage in questionable environments so the electrical characteristics of all the components will suffer drift from specifications to a greater or lesser degree.
BLUETOOTH VERSUS WIFI
Here's a comparison chart between Bluetooth and WiFi
REPLACEMENT BLUETOOTH RECEIVERS:
- #1) Mpow BH129 Bluetooth Receiver For Car
- #2) Esinkin Wireless Audio Adapter
- #3) Tao Tronics Bluetooth Receiver
- #4) 1Mii B06 Plus Bluetooth Receiver
- #5) Anker Soundsync A3352 Bluetooth Receiver
- #6) DockLinQ Pro Bluetooth 5.0
- #7) Avantree HT4189 40 Hrs Wireless Headphones
- #8) AUKEY Receiver Bluetooth 5
- #9) Jabra Evolve 75 UC Wireless Headset
- #10) Audioengine B1 Bluetooth Music Receiver
- #11) Sony STRDH190 2-ch Home Stereo Receiver
- #12) Besign BE-RCA Long Range Bluetooth Audio Adapter
- #13) Wireless Bluetooth Audio Power Amplifier
- #14) JBL PartyBox 100
- #15) Golvery Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter for TV
- #16) Auris Blume HD Long Range Bluetooth 5.0
Source: Software Testing Help,
MODIFICATIONS:The Bluetooth receiver is mounted to the back of the radio on the backing board with Velcro tape. The output of the receiver is input directly into the radio amplifier stage at a point in the circuit that allows the volume knob to continue to work as originally designed. My goal is make the placement of the Bluetooth MP3 cable and the radio/phono switch as inconspicuous as possible. The phono/off/radio switch switches the input between radio to phono settings. You can play the radio and switch to auxiliary and vice versa. You cannot play radio and MP3 at the same time. It's either radio or MP3. I strive to maintain the originality of the radio as much as possible. All electronic modifications are reversible to some degree. All vintage radios are different in physical and electronic characteristics. Modifying them to play modern MP3 will require a different approach for each radio. The modifications performed are not done by a machine. I perform these modifications myself using simple tools based on my years of experience and technical know-how. As such, there will be variations in the final result for each radio. Each completed piece with be one-of-a-kind original!
OPERATION: These old radios are not intended to be played for hours and hours without someone nearby. The input signal from your digital music device is input into the radio power amplifier stage. When you switch to auxiliary input the tuner circuit that produces the radio signal is cut off. You will not hear the radio and your auxiliary input playing simultaneously. Volume levels can be adjusted on the radio itself and on your MP3 player. If there is a tone control on your radio and MP3 player, those can be adjusted as well. The volumes may not be the same, so you may need to adjust the volumes on the radio or your music player, or both. All the forward, skip, pause, volume, selection, shuffle, back, functions on your music player will continue to work as normal. This modification service does not include a microphone installation.
ORIGINALITY: Once the radio is modified for auxiliary input, it cannot be reversed without replacement or restoration services or both. You know what they say about originality; "it's only original once."
RETURNS: This Bluetooth MP3 modification service is not refundable.
DISCLAIMER: Use only as recommended. Not responsible for damage to your music player, MP3, other device. Not responsible for damage to your radio as a result of using non recommended music player, input device, MP3, or other device.